Thursday, August 30, 2018

Chime in: Have you had good or bad experiences with McAfee AntiVirus?

The antivirus debate is a hot one. Many people swear that the Windows Defender Security Center baked into Windows 10 is enough to keep a PC safe, while others go to great lengths to find the perfect antivirus that balances performance and security. When buying a new laptop, many manufacturers will include a trial period for third-party antivirus software, including McAfee AntiVirus. Windows Central Forum Member Closingracer recently created a thread asking whether or not McAfee is indeed worth re-upping a subscription. I just bought a Dell G7 and it came with 1 year free of McAfee. I usually avoid both like the plague but I do have some recent experience with Dell since I got an All on 1 for free to review and liked it so I figured between price and the fact it is the only laptop with the 1060 Max Q under $1,000 I will get this laptop. Chime in: Have you had good or bad experiences with McAfee AntiVirus?

thumbnail courtesy of windowscentral.com

I have had both good and bad experiences with Mcafee antivirus.  To be honest with you I haven’t had a good experience with the product since John Mcafee sold the company several years ago.  I currently recommend Sophos Antivirus and Malwarebytes for security.

No comments:

Post a Comment